VOLEO above ground manual shutter
VOLEO above ground manual shutter
Efficient and easy to use,
Installation in 4 hours by 2 people,
Maximum area of pool 36m²,
Can be motorised at a later date
- Complies with standard NF P 90-308
* Prices reflect a shutter for a rectangular pool with white slats or another standard colour.
Price leaving manufacturers warehouse.
2 persons are required to reception the delivery.
Other dimensions are available, call us today!
Advantages of the VOLEO above ground manual shutter
Conform : This cover is designed to stop pool access to children under five years old. This cover can hold the weight of an adult of 100kg. Conforms to the norm NF P 90-308*
Easy to use : This above ground shutter is delivered in several numbered packages to allow easy identification, facilitating installation. 4 hours is sufficient for 2 persons to complete the installation.
User-friendly : Using the manual crank, one person alone can roll the shutter in less than three minutes.
Adaptable : It is possible to motorise the shutter at a later point in time by simply replacing the crank block with a motorised block.
• Material : stainless steel 304, thermo laquered in white, sand or grey.
• Dimensions : 460 x 200 x 100mm
• Fixation plate L = 200mm, w = 100mm
• Centre distances L = 170mm, w = 70mm
• Central orifice D. 50mm
• Fixations : 2 x 4 stainless steel screws m8 x 90 brass pegs
• Material : Anodised aluminium 140mm, thickness 3.5mm
Removable after use. Rolling action can equally be effectuated by using a 17 mm dowel rod and an electric power drill.
It is possible to motorise the shutter at a later point in time, following its initial installation, by replacing the crank block by a block equipped with a motor. (consult us for more information).
Block equipped with a motor 150nm 12 volt with limit management.
Details of the shutters slats
The slats of the VOLEO above ground manual shutter conform to the requirements and resistance stated in the norm NF P90-308.
Each slat is composed of compartments which contain air. The air ensures the buoyancy of the slat and limits heat loss.
A welded cap ensures sealing at the extremity of each slat .
The slats are delivered pre-assembled in modules of 3 slats. They must be stocked in the shade with an ambient temperature less than 40°C.
Assembly of shutter cover
1. Bring the slats together to form a V shape.
2. Engage the harpoon maintaining the V shape.
3. Create an inverse V movement.
Repeat the gesture till the entire shutter cover is completely assembled.
The first module of the shutter is equipped with attaching straps to be fixed to the axis. The other slats are delivered in modules of 3 or 6 elements.
One of the modules is equipped with obliged security straps. This module should be positioned at the extremity of the shutter cover which is opposite to the rolling axis.
To simplify assembly, the slats should be placed, by module, on water.
Fixation of the shutter cover on the axis
Once the shutter cover has been assembled, it should be fixed to the rolling axis. The first module of the slats is equipped with weaved nylon straps 50mm wide.
The straps should be passed in their respective supports. These supports can be moved to obtain correct positioning with the shutters cover.
Incorrect positioning will provoke the incorrect rolling of the cover. This causes the layers of slats to be out of line. If this is the case, unrolling will equally cause friction with pool wall with the shutter cover.
If the pool itself is not straight, this will also cause the shutter covers slats to be out of line.
When the shutter is positioned on the width of the pool it can be adapted to different pool stair shapes : rectangular (1), trapeze (2), roman (3), semi-circular (4) or free-form (5) (following consultation with us).
Roman stairs, with 90° «square cut »
Trapeze stairs, with 90° «square cut »
Preparation of pool and pool surround trim
On the side of the pool where the axis will be installed, it is required to trim the angles of the pool border to create a sharp angle if it does not already exist. This allows the cover to unroll with no danger of friction. The legs of the shutter must be placed on a level surface so a surfacing of the pool border may be required.
• Pools with rear sharp angles (90°) : The axis should be positioned in line with the pool rear wall.
• Pools with rear rounded angles : The axis should be positioned towards the front of the angle rayon (maximum 500mm).
Example of pool surround trim :
|Length of pool||7m||10m||12m|
|Length of trim||280mm||320mm||350mm|
Installation of axis supports
• To facilitate assembly, the support which contains the crank is pre-assembled by the manufacturer.
• The opposite support features an axis support which should be inserted into the drive bearing of the axis.
• There should be a free space between the axis and its support of 30 to 40mm.
• The fixation of the supports should be completed with care.
• The surface on which the axis supports are installed must be able to support their weight.
If the pool surround is made from reconstituted stone, the standard expansion plugs supplied may be unsuitable or cause damage. If this is the case, chemical sealer and plugs should be used (consult us).
The wall plates should be fixed under the pool shutter and above the normal waterline. Fixation is completed with the supplied screws and plugs. The wall plates are available in white, sand or grey.
Note : For monobloc or polystyrene block pools, this type of wall plate security strap cannot be used and is in no way conform to legislation. It is the same case with thin-walled pool structures such as sheeted metal or composite materials.
A fixation on the edge is necessary and available on option. If used, this option includes adapted security straps, to be fixed under the surround, in the concrete situated at the pools edge.
An overflow system for your pool is obliged.
(B) available on option.
This automatic cover does not replace or substitute common sense or individual responsibility.
This shutter is not a substitute for adult supervision, which is the essential factor when protecting young children.
A water «overflow » system is imperative for this type of installation.
Transport and packaging
Your shutter is delivered to you at your home by appointment, by lorry. If access is difficult, a forklift may be needed (could add a delivery charge supplement).
As the packages are fractioned and conditioned on light pallets to facilitate unloading they are clearly marked and numbered to ease assembly.
A minimum of two persons is needed to reception the material.
All deliveries must be checked in the presence of the transporter.
Care of the shutter
• Regularly check the PVC slats and that they are correctly clipped together.
• If there are cracked or broken slats contact your supplier to replace them.
• Security system: Inspect the straps, loops and strap support regularly.
• It is imperative to replace the straps and loops every 3 years.
Axis and axis supports 2 years
Slatted cover and security straps 3 years
Price incl. VAT
Ask for a free quote voleo above ground manual shutter
Other product : VOLEO above ground manual shutter
At best price 2717 eur Including VAT.
Please fill in this form carefully. Our commercial service will handle your request promptly.
UK freephone hotline
Monday Friday 9.00 19.00, Saturday 10.00 18.00