Hayward Progrid diatomaceous earth filter
Hayward Progrid DE2420, diatomaceous earth filter 11 m³/h
New manual purge,
6-way side valve.
How does a diatomaceous earth filter work:
The filter is constituted of a tank in which the filtering module is placed. This module is composed of several filtering elements named "frames". The frames are made from a resin. A synthetic fabric is stretched over the frame. These frames maximise the filtration area and offer longer intervals between cleaning.
The diatomaceous powder will be placed on the fabric of the "frames" and will constitute the filtering medium.
Diatomites are fossilised skeletal remains of microscopic aquatic plants called diatoms, covered in porous, silica envelopes.
A group of these vegetal "skeletons" form a fine white powder, comparable to plaster. This is the substance used for filtration.
During backwash, the residue of the Diatomites will be ejected, indicating a recharge is required from time to time.
Warning : Because Diatomites are prone to clogging, the residue of these filters should not be evacuated towards a soak-pit.
Water quality is a main concern for all pool owners. The Pro-Grid is a sure choice.
Main features of the Hayward Progrid filters
- Permaglass XLTM tank, resistant to corrosion even in the most difficult working conditions
- New manual purge and emptying cap
- Full collar
- 6-way side valve
- 10 years warranty on the tank and 1 year on other parts
Dimensions of the Hayward Progrid filters
Algaecides composed of quaternary ammonium , PHMB or flocculent polymers are not compatible with D.E. filters.
Description Hayward Progrid filter
|Ref.||Water flow||Inlet/Outlet||Surface filtered||Weight||D.E. refill in kg|
|DE2420||11 m3/h||1” 1/2||2,20 m2||25 kg||1,3 kg|
|DE3620||16 m3/h||1” 1/2||3,30 m2||30 kg||2 kg|
|DE4820||22 m3/h||2”||4,45 m2||34 kg||2,7 kg|
|DE6020||27 m3/h||2”||5,50 m2||37 kg||3,4 kg|
|DE7220||33 m3/h||2”||6,60 m2||43 kg||4 kg|
Description of the Hayward Progrid D.E. filters
2. High-Strength Filter Tank made of Permaglass XL reinforced with glass-fiber, resistant to corrosion, chemical and salt treatments
3. Filtering module designed for optimal filtration and backwash
4. Monobloc tightening collar securely fastens top and bottom sections of the tank together and allows access without having to disassemble the valve.
5. Noryl valve fittings, resistant and stable in high temperatures
6. Bent entry diffuser distributes water coming from the pool evenly throughout the filter elements
7. 1”1/2 integrated purge provides fast and clean emptying of the tank
10 years on tank
2 years on accessories
Price incl. VAT
Ask for a free quote hayward progrid diatomaceous earth filter
Other product : Hayward Progrid diatomaceous earth filter
Starting from 971 eur Including VAT.
Please fill in this form carefully. Our commercial service will handle your request promptly.
UK freephone hotline
Monday Friday 9.00 19.00, Saturday 10.00 18.00