A pool enclosure is the only system that will give you :
- Optimal security,
- An efficient protection for your pool water from dirt and debris
- Reduces evaporation, and limits your consumption of water and water treatment products
- Provides natural heat for your pool water,
- Lengthen your swimming season
- The structure : aluminum or wood, the design or section of structure lengths, the rigidity of the structure as a whole...
- The choice of cover : Thickness and choice of material, transparent or opaque, thermic insulation...
- The technology : Low, average or high in height, portable or permanent, telescopic, folding, retractable, with or without rails, aluminum or wood...
Gain in temperature of your pool water
The gain of temperature of your pool water depends on two elements :
- The height of the pool enclosure : The higher the pool enclosure, the greater the volume of air that will need to be heated.
- The insulation of the enclosure walls : Made from multi-wall polycarbonate, that operates in a similar way to double glazing, the shelter limits the exchange of heat between inside and outside air. Singled layered pool walls let heat accumulated during the day escape.
There is a multitude of choice in type, shape, height and color. You will naturally find the enclosure that will fit perfectly into your pool surroundings.
The height of the shelter depends on your use of your pool.
If you only swim in summer, you could use a removable low shelter. However, if you swim all year round, it would be preferable to choose a high pool enclosure.
A high pool enclosure lets you use your pool like an indoor pool all year round. In any case, you must also take into consideration a heat pump (Pool Heat pumps) and dehumidifier (Dehumidifiers pool).
The mobility of your pool enclosure and its opening and closing are very important factors.
If you wish to fully retract your shelter during the summer, you should choose a removable or telescopic version.
You must consider the weight of the enclosure on the supporting surface and its occupying space around your pool.
Different types of pool enclosures
The low enclosure is visually discreet and easily fits into your surroundings.
A reduced interior volume of air allows you to heat your pool naturally.
This version is much lighter in weight than higher enclosures and is easy to manipulate.
A low enclosure can be : retractable and removable, semi-sliding or telescopic (on rails or wheels).
Medium height enclosures
Halfway between high and low, (from 1,20 to 1,80m in height), allows you to swim in your pool from mid-season on, under cover.
When standing on the pool borders, you do not have head height and heat gain is less than with a low enclosure.
Medium height enclosures are, in general, telescopic.
Medium height telescopic enclosure
A high pool enclosure allows you to use your pool as if it was a classic indoor pool. This creates a zone of relaxation, that adds to your outdoor living area.
You can open all or part of the enclosure in season. The majority of high pool enclosures are telescopic - some are static installations.
You must check local planning permission laws before installing your pool.
Ask for a free quote pool enclosures
Other product : Pool enclosures
Please fill in this form carefully. Our commercial service will handle your request promptly.
UK freephone hotline
Monday Friday 9.00 19.00, Saturday 10.00 18.00