SAFETY ROLL above ground automatic shutter
SAFETY ROLL automatic pool shutter
Several available colours of slats,
Battery operated power supply or solar option available
Automatic shutter for pools up with dimensions ranging from 3.00 x 3.00 m to 6 x 12m maximum.
* The above prices are calculated for a rectangular pool with white slats. Cover leaves directly from the manufacturer.
2 persons are needed to reception the delivery.
Other dimensions are available - contact us today on our international number + 33 475 802 962 or our freephone lines France : 0800 800 099,
Belgium : 0800 14 044, Switzerland : 0800 001 941, UK : 0808 238 60 75, Italy : 800 986 375 or Spain : 800 300 103
- Opening and closing the shutter can be effectuated by one person alone using a key system. In only three minutes the cover can be rolled or unrolled.
- The locking system of the shutter ensures optimal security.
- The shutter conserves water temperature and therefore prolongs the swimming season.
- Pool water evaporation is reduced and time spent cleaning the pool is shortened. Your pool water remains cleaner for longer.
- Opaque slats reduce photosynthesis, the main cause of algae development and proliferation.
- Less installation space is required as the shutters motor is stored within its axis. This allows the shutters legs to be retracted during the winterizing period.
- Ideal for existing pools or those under construction
- Easy assembly
- Requires reduced installation space
- Protection and security
- Thermal insulation
On option : available colours (code RAL)
Shutter cut to shape
Flat finishing cut
Details of slats
On option - solar power source for shutters motor
The SAFETY ROLL shutter can equally be delivered with a motorisation system powered by photovoltaic solar panel.
Power supply created by solar energy is the perfect solution for existing pools as the shutter does not require the liaison with electrical cables. The solar panel powers a battery stored in the leg of the shutter.
Installation of the shutter is therefore limited to the fixation of the terminal legs and eventually the pool surround.
When fully charged, the battery can provide approximately 20 opening / closing cycles of the shutter.
2 types of photovoltaic panels are available for this choice of power source :
- The static photovoltaic panel, positioned on the shutters leg.
- The adjustable photovoltaic panel, allowing the panels cells to be orientated to maximum sunlight exposure.
Available on option - power supply by battery
This option replaces all electrical connections, ensuring easy installation for most existing pools.
Installation work is limited to the fixation the shutters two terminal legs and an eventual pool surround trim. You no longer need to envisage digging a trench to supply the shutter with electrical power from your technical shelter.
1. Key contact, 2. Recharge plug, 3.Recharger (On option)
The motorisation is powered by a battery integrated to one of the terminal legs that support the shutters axis. When fully charged, the battery can complete approx 20 cycles of opening/closing. The supplied recharger (with this option) simply connects a specific plug situated on the shutters terminal leg.
Installation of the shutter
The shutter requires a 2 cable supply (2 x 6mm² - not supplied with shutter).
Installation of shutter
For existing pools, a trim of the pool border is required to allow the passage of the shutter without friction.
The pool surround remains undamaged with the use of Safety Roll as the shutters legs are adjustable in height, thus, avoiding the need to surface the pool border.
For sharp angled pools and corner rayons measuring a maximum of 15cm, position the terminal leg axe 15cm towards the inside of the pool.
For pools with a rayon greater than 15 cm, contact us.
Pool border trim
2. Put the shutters axis into place.
4. Install the security kit.
5. Adjust the limit management system.
Installation of the SAFETY ROLL slats
- Repeat an oscillating movement till the slats click together (fig.2)
- Attach the first rang of slats equipped with rolling straps using pliers. Equalise the lateral position of the slats.
- 20 mm fins equip the shutter covers caps. To adjust the shutter cover width to that of the pool you can replace the fins to 10, 15, 25 or 30mm (you can place an order for this equipment with us).
- To unclip a slat, inverse the operation (illustrated in fig.1) by pushing the lower section of the female fixture (left-hand slat)as to disengage the left-hand hook of the male fixture (right-hand slat).
1. Technical shelter.
2. 12V motor cable :
2x4mm² if L < 15m
2x6mm² if 15 < L < 30m.
(This work should be effectuated by a qualified technician respecting the norm NF C15-100) Install a 30 mA circuit breaker at the cables departure point 220 volts (3 x 2.5mm² 10A) that will feed the transformer 220v / 12v. Get professional advice for lengths greater than 30m.
Prepare the pool surround
To correctly install the terminal legs of SAFETY ROLL, the surface must be level with dimensions of 250mm x 100mm available on each side of the pool and that the fixation system provided can be used on the pool surround.
The shutter axis
- The axis must be positioned horizontally, perpendicular to the pool.
- The axis must be positioned in line to the back of the pool border edge or at the end of an eventual rayon and the axis must be centred to the pools width.
- The two leg terminals of the SAFETY ROLL shutter must be anchored level and horizontal, pressing against the shutter axis (if this proves to be difficult, a tightening ring can be ordered from us to stop lateral mobility).
- We recommend that you complete fixation of the shutters terminal legs only when you have effectuated a complete rolling movement of the slats. This will confirm the correct positioning and allow for any necessary adjustments.
- The inner pool border should be trimmed to allow for the shutter covers passage without friction when effectuating rolling or unrolling. This also avoids the risk of breaking the shutters caps.
Electrical installation should conform to the norm C15-100.
- The pool and all of its electrical equipment should be earthed to avoid the presence of any stray currents that can be responsible for oxidisation of metallic equipment (stainless steel 316, anodised aluminium 6060 or beckryzing lacquered finish).
-As many water treatment solutions are available on today's market, we no longer assume responsibility and guarantee in the case of non-respect of correct water balance. In the case of the use of a water treatment system that produces an electrochemical reaction that accelerates corrosion, take all precautions to limit negative effects. In general, it must be kept in mind that the use of an automatic cover reduces the needof oxidant agent production between 75 and 90% between when the shutter is open or shut. Communication between the electrical distribution box and the water treatment system is possible to take into account the shutters open, or closed position. The water treatment production is therefore, automatically adapted.
- The distribution box should be installed in a dry technical shelter, with a 10A trip switch and a 30mA circuit breaker.
- All cables should be linked in accessible junction boxes above the level of the pool water.
Required cables from the distribution box to the SAFETY ROLL mechanism.
|Shutter model||Distance to technical shelter||Required cable section||Limit management system||Control switch|
|SAFETY ROLL||< 15 m||2 x 4 mm²||Already connected||Already connected|
|SAFETY ROLL||< 30 m||2 x 6 mm²||Already connected||Already connected|
Video illustrating the installation of a pool shutter
Guarantee of the Safety Roll shutter
The 2-year guarantee covers the electronic material of the shutter (on the condition that the shutters cabling has been fitted conform to the manufacturer's instructions and the norm C 15.100).
The axis is guaranteed for 5 years concerning the materials resistance excepting wear and tear parts, corrosion and decomposition of certain materials due to the use of shock water treatments or automatic water treatments that have not been correctly regulated and adapted to the shutters use.
PVC slats are guaranteed for 5 years concerning buoyancy, sealing and articulation.
The solars panels are guaranteed for 10 years, battery 1 year.
EXCLUDED FROM THE GUARANTEE
- The non-respect of installation instructions that lead to an abnormal use of the product.
- All modification of the product without the manufacturers written accord.
- Slat colour deterioration or deformation due to non-conform use or the immersion of the motor.
- Consecutive deterioration due to weather conditions : violent wind, snowfall, violent hail, lightening.
2 years on motorisation
5 years on legs, axis and slats
Price incl. VAT
Ask for a free quote safety roll above ground automatic shutter
Other product : SAFETY ROLL above ground automatic shutter
Starting from 1859 eur Including VAT.
Please fill in this form carefully. Our commercial service will handle your request promptly.
UK freephone hotline
Monday Friday 9.00 19.00, Saturday 10.00 18.00